The warmer nights have got me trying out new salad recipes. My go to salad is usually chicken, avocados roasted peppers, spinach and toasted seeds, so I wanted to experiment a little. I really liked it and hope you do too!
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (try go for an organic version with no sugar or salt added)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 head cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large handful chopped fresh coriander
- 2-3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thai red curry paste
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Chili oil (optional)
- Whisk together the vinegar, peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, agave nectar, sesame oil and lime juice in a small jug/bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste (the taste you are going for is a sweet, salty, chilli cobination!).
- Combine cabbage, carrots, peppers and coriander in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Fry the chicken in the curry paste and a little oil until cooked through.
- Add the chicken to the salad mixuture and top with the chopped peanuts. Drizzle with chilli oil if using.