- 2 salmon fillets
- Chilli powder
- Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g skinned and toasted pistachio nuts, roughly ground in a pestle and mortar
- 1 handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 large hot red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar/honey
- 1 tablespoon of cajun spice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas mark 5). Season the salmon with lemon juice, salt, pepper and a little chilli powder. Cover in foil and bake in the over for 12 minutes
2. For the crust combine the nuts, coriander, chilli, agave nectar and olive oil. Season well with salt and black pepper, and set aside.
3. When the salmon is cooked spoon the nut mixture onto the top of the salmon and serve with the quinoa (you can put the nut mixture onto the salmon before you bake it in the oven however I find that this lessens the crunch of the nuts).
Serve with the quinoa.
- Quinoa (about 60g per person – dry weight)
- ½ bag of spinach
- 1 packet of cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Cajun spices
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 4 tablespoons toasted nuts and seeds (I used pine nuts and sunflower seeds).
1. Cook the quinoa according the packet instructions adding the stock cube at the beginning (usually 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water, bring the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, cover with a lid until all the water has absorbed). When you bring the water to boil add the spinach and tomatoes.
2. Once the quinoa is cooked mix in the cajun spices, crème fraiche and toasted nuts and seeds.