Ok, so the title is a bit of a mouthful, but these peanut butter, banana and oat energy balls really do make the perfect snack,
They are SO tasty and can be thrown together in less than 10 minutes. The best bit – guilt free snacking!
Oh, and they also make a great pre-workout snack as they give the right boost of energy and have a great balance of protein and complex carbohydrates.
Even kids love them too.
So what are you waiting you? Go forth and make.
Makes 16 small balls
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 banana, mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup peanut/almond butter (if you have a peanut allergy feel free to substitute with other butters as as sunflower or pumpkin seed butter)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (optional)
- Healthy sprinkling of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon agave (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, and using a fork mix together gently until all the ingredients have been combined well. You can add more oats if the mixture feels too sticky.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Remove the bowl and roll the mixture into 2 inch ball shapes.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks (if they last that long – ours went in 3 days!). I layered the balls on parchment paper in some Tupperware and this worked well. You can also freeze them.