For the chicken
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 8 slices Parma ham
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle for the stuffing
- 150g skinned and toasted pistachio nuts, roughly ground in a pestle and mortar
- 1 handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 large hot red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar/honey
- 1 tablespoon of Cajun spice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas mark 5). Place the chicken in between two sheets of cling film and pound with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin to flatten until ¼ inch thin. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper, Cajun spices and set aside.
2. For the stuffing combine the nuts, coriander, chilli, agave nectar and olive oil. Season well with salt and black pepper, and set aside.
3. Lay out 4 cross shapes using two pieces of parma ham each time, and lay a piece of chicken in the middle of each one. Spoon the nut mixture onto each chicken, diving it equally.
4. Roll the parma ham slices over the chicken to a make a parcel. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Serve with the baked aubergine and a spinach and tomato salad.
For the baked aubergine:
- 1 aubergine
- Sun-dried tomato paste
- Mozzarella – sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas mark 5). Bake the aubergine whole for 30 minutes
- Slice the aubergine in half length ways and spread 1 tablespoon of sun-dried tomato paste across each half, top with mozzarella and bake for another 15-20 minutes.