My overnight oats obsession continues and I am absolutely in love with the colours and flavours in this nutritionally packed breakfast …
Blueberry overnight oats (I know I know, I’ll take a break from them soon) is such a winner!
I stirred in protein powder in the morning and topped with passion fruit (is this not the summery-est food? So tropical and tangy). IN LOVE!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used oat milk)
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of blueberries, blitzed. I used frozen ones as that’s all I had to hand and whilst it makes your blender sound like it’s about to explode, the result is some pretty cool looking blue/purple dust)
- Toppings of your choice (I added passion fruit)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or jar and place in the fridge, preferably overnight or for at least 1 hour
- When you are ready to tuck in, remove from the fridge and loosen the oats with extra milk to get the consistency you like. If using the protein powder, add this in now (you’ll need to add more milk to prevent the oats from becoming too dry)
- Top with toppings of your choice. The oats can be eaten cold or heated in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.