I am LOVING overnight oats at the moment. They just make the easiest and most convenient brekkie. It’s perfect for those days when you’re in a rush and it makes for a great pre-workout meal too. If you make individual portions in a mason or clip top jar you can even take it straight to work with you – no time wasted.
The beauty of overnight oats is that there’s no exact precision when it comes to making it. The basic rule of thumb is one part oats to one part liquid. That aside, you can pretty much add what ever ingredients that take your fancy.
These will keep in the fridge covered for 3 days, although you may need to add some more milk to loosen it.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used oat milk)
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of raspberries. blitzed (optional). I used frozen ones as that’s all I had to hand and whilst it makes your blender sound like it’s about to explode, the result is some pretty cool looking pink dust)
- Toppings of your choice (I added more yoghurt berries and my homemade granola)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or jar and place in the fridge, preferably overnight or for at least 1 hour
- When you are ready to tuck in, remove from the fridge and loosen the oats with extra milk to get the consistency you like
- Top with toppings of your choice. The oats can be eaten cold or heated in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.