Ah Summertime, how I love thee! Out with the heavy comforting foods, in with the light suppers and salads. This makes a great starter, or double up the portions for a main meal. The coleslaw is very simple but effective, and so much better than the heavy ‘would you like some carrots and cabbage with your mayonnaise’ versions you get at the supermarket.
- 1 x 140g packet of prawns, deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- Handful chopped coriander
- Sprinkling of chilli flakes
- 2 medium carrots – grated
- ¼ white cabbage – thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1-tablespoon salad cream/mayonnaise (optional – it’s a little naughty but gives the dressing a nice tang!)
- 3 tablespoons sweet corn
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado – chopped
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and add the garlic, ginger and chilli flakes. After 2 minutes add the prawns and cook until done (prawns don’t take long to cook so keep an eye on them). Sprinkle with coriander and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together the yoghurt, salad cream/mayonnaise (if using), lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, and sweet corn and mix well until fully coated.
- Using a food ring (optional) spoon the coleslaw mixture into the bottom, top with the avocado and lastly with the prawns.