A warming, comforting salad to take you through to the warmer spring months and the high protein content makes it a real winner for vegetarians. This dish has so many of my favourite things – I love all the different tastes and textures so it’s a real staple in my house.
- 2 large sweet potatoes chopped into small cubes
- 2 large peppers, cubed
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 handful mint, chopped
- 1 handful coriander, chopped
- large handful of mixed leaves
- 150 g feta cheese, chopped into small cubes (optional)
- 1 pomegranate, arils only
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts/sunflower/pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the cubes of sweet potato and peppers on a baking sheet, drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until soft in the middle and crisping at the edges.
- Mix the quinoa, sweet potatoes, leaves, avocados and feta (if using).
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and add to the salad together with the chopped herbs and pine nuts/seeds. Scatter with the pomegranate seeds and serve. Season to taste.
This dish tastes better warm with the feta cheese melted slightly.