I love this recipe! It was a real discovery/experiment (read, I was about to start making dinner and realised I had nothing left in my fridge apart from salmon and courgettes!). It always amazes me how you can create dishes out of ‘nothing’.
Serves 2-3 (about 8 fritters in total)
- 2 – 3 fillets of salmon, cooked
- 2 medium courgettes, grated and water squeezed out of them
- 4 tablespoons sweet corn
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (use less if you do not want it too spicy)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ground almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flake the salmon into a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly (you may want to use your hands to ensure everything is thoroughly coated).
- Heat some coconut oil in a large frying pan. Spoon a heaped spoonful of the salmon mixture into frying pan and flatten and shape into thin, round fritters (the flatter the fritter, the more evenly it will cook). Cook for about 3-4 minutes then flip over and repeat on the other side). This can get a little messy so be careful! Repeat with the rest of the mixture (I managed to fit 4 small fritters in one pan at a time.
- Serve with spinach or avocado.
If you have time refrigerate the fritters/patties before cooking as this will help them to keep their shape.